Calling all future WTH Database Developers! Join us and be a part of transforming state-of-the-art technology within an exciting industry! World Travel Holdings is seeking an Oracle Database Developer to join the Database and Storage team in our Ft. Lauderdale, FL office. The ideal candidate will have experience writing PL/SQL code and complex SQL, have strong background in Oracle and Linux, exceptional analytical/problem solving skills combined with passion for technology and drive for success.
About World Travel Holdings
World Travel Holdings is the nation’s largest cruise agency and award-winning leisure travel company with a portfolio of more than 40 diverse brands. In addition to owning some of the largest brands distributing cruises, villas, resort vacations, car rentals, resort day passes and luxury travel services, World Travel Holdings has a vast portfolio of private-label partnerships comprised of top leisure travel providers, including almost every U.S. airline, leading hotel brands and prominent corporations. The company also operates a top-rated travel agency franchise and the country's original host agency, and is consistently recognized as an industry leader in work-at-home employment. Its global presence includes operating multiple cruise brands in the United Kingdom. World Travel Holdings has offices in Wilmington, Mass.; Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.; and Chorley, England. For more information, visit WorldTravelHoldings.com. We are proud to be named:
• BS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline with 1+ years of Database development experience
• Strong understanding of Database technologies
• A forward-thinking problem solver with exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills
• 1+ years of working with PL/SQL
• 1+ years of SQL and SQL Tuning experience
• Experience working with source control (GIT preferred)
• Promote and participate in Agile practices
• Actively discover, evaluate, and adopt new technologies for max efficiency.
• Prior experience with security standards (PCI-DSS, SANS, HIPPA, SSAE-16)
• Energetic and motivated with a passion for technology
• Excellent communication skills with facility to cultivate supportive relationships within the team
• Very strong, delivery focused work ethic that takes ownership and produces results
• Must be willing and able to work the on-call rotation schedule
More ways to impress us...
• Hands on with XML
• Working experience with Oracle 12c
• Working experience with Shell scripting
• Hands on with Java
• Prior cruise industry experience
• Experience with Hibernate
• Experience with Oracle Apex