World Travel Holdings is seeking an Accounting Clerk for our Fort Lauderdale, FL office. The Accounting Clerk is responsible for processing financial transactions to include cruise line commissions, refunds, and customer checks in a timely and accurate manner. This position is based out of our Fort Lauderdale office.
About World Travel Holdings
World Travel Holdings is the nation’s largest cruise agency and award-winning leisure travel company with a portfolio of more than 40 diverse brands. In addition to owning some of the largest brands distributing cruises, villas, resort vacations, car rentals, resort day passes and luxury travel services, World Travel Holdings has a vast portfolio of private-label partnerships comprised of top leisure travel providers, including almost every U.S. airline, leading hotel brands and prominent corporations. The company also operates a top-rated travel agency franchise and the country's original host agency, and is consistently recognized as an industry leader in work-at-home employment. Its global presence includes operating multiple cruise brands in the United Kingdom. World Travel Holdings has offices in Wilmington, Mass.; Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.; New York, NY; and Chorley, England. For more information, visit WorldTravelHoldings.com.
We are proud to be named:
• Process all incoming cash - cruise line commissions and customer checks
• Review and batch our bank Intra-Day reports cash activity
• Attach documentation to batches. Provide to Reservation Accounting team for application to reservations
• Monitor bank accounts for NSF checks and communicate information to our customers
• Deposit directly into our bank via scanner and ensure that funds are accounted for the next day.
• Process customer refund and supplier payment checks for disbursement twice daily.
• Prepare and process daily ACH payments and then update Great Plains accounting system
• Complete daily and monthly cash receipts entries; upload information into Great Plains accounting system
• Support other team members as necessary
• Other duties as assigned